CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Story of Wayne and I...

I get this question so much... How did you and Wayne meet? What's if your story? So.. I decided to make a blog post about it! Don't judge! :)

Wayne and I went to high school together. We didn't really know each other, we had met a few times just because it was a smaller school but we didn't hang out. But, I thought he was hot! He he! After high school I had been working at Mexican food restaurant and Wayne started working there too. We would flirt and would talk occasionally but nothing beyond that. We were both seeing other people at the time! One day we had break together and talked about our boyfriend and girlfriend and the problems we were having. But, still.. I felt really no connection to him except as a friend. Then one night when leaving work he hugged me bye and just his arms around me felt so right.. I know that's corny, but that's how I felt! From that point on we talked on the phone and went on our 1st date in Sept. 2002, after that day I KNEW he was the "one"! We were dating for 4 months when I found out we were expecting a baby! We were in shock but knew that everything happens for a reason and that God had a plan for us. Wayne and I were both still in college and made minimum wage at our jobs and were not in a position to get married or live together. So 9 months later, we welcomed 7 lb 9oz Eden into the world Sept. 19, 2003! We stayed together and raised Eden until she was about 10 months old and we decided to break up.Wow.. I was 100% devastated. I couldn't function! This was not how is was supposed to happen. I was supposed to be with this man forever. We would raise our daughter and get married after Wayne graduated college. Wayne just wasn't mature enough for all of this!

Months went on and we were civil for Eden, but I just always felt there was still something there between us. We both ended up marrying other people in 2006! Only a year into out marriages, we both found ourselves going through divorces. Again, a shocker for me! Naturally during the process we turned to each other and quickly realized that there was something still there between us. We began seeing each other daily and talking more and more, we really missed each other. In Jan. 2008 we got back together after being apart for 5 years! It was like we fell in love all over again and we both knew instantly that this was right. That this was how our lives should be. We were soul mates. We got engaged on April 10, 2009 and married April 17, 2010! We always knew we would have more children and found out we were expecting on June 22, 2010! Edison Jack Hanks was born on March 8, 2011. The journey to where we are now has been a very long and challenging one, but I followed my heart and know that God put Wayne in my life for forever. He is my dream come true and what I prayed for in a husband. I thank you God for giving me Wayne as my spouse and for giving us two beautiful children! God blessed the broken road, that let me straight to you, Even though it took 8 years! :)

3 comments:

  1. Your children will love reading this! Thanks for sharing. Now I feel like I remember you saying something About a step daughter? Love the red in your family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Wayne had Allie with his Ex wife! She's great and I love her. Blog post about her coming soon!:)

    ReplyDelete