CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 22, 2011

My Step-Daughter: Allie Nicole Hanks



After telling everyone our story, I wanted to fill in some of the blanks that I didn't elaborate on or go into in that post. First Edition of this will be about my step-daughter Allie! Allie came into this world on May 2, 2006! She was born while Wayne was married to his ex-wife Jamie! I am not going to lie, I was really shocked when Wayne and Jamie said they were having a baby. I don't really know why but a part of me always wanted Wayne to just have children with me.. CRAZY, I know.. since we weren't even married at the time and I was married to someone else! ANYWAY... I never saw Allie when she was small because her mother didn't really think I should, rightfully so! But she was precious. I felt she looked a lot like Wayne, apposed to Eden who looked like me! But as time went on she grew and Wayne and Allie's mom ended up divorcing and then Wayne and I got back together. At the time Allie was 1 1/2! Going into the relationship I welcomed her into my life with open arms and was happy to get to be a part of her life. I never really thought of how it would be to be a step-parent or thought I would ever be one. I never thought I would get the chance to be with Wayne again... but I was excited because I love anything that is a product of my sweet and handsome husband! :) It was hard at first. She didn't know me or wasn't used to my parenting and when Allie was little she was a very routine child. She did the same things at the same times and at that time I really wasn't like that(I am now but never saw myself to be this way. I feel you have to be with multiple children). It was very hard for both of us to get used to each other. We even still struggle with that a lot presently! Allie was always a little behind on her developmental and speech skills so Wayne and I worked with her a lot to get caught up. Allie is not a dainty child to say the least, she definitely takes after her daddy! :) She is a totally opposite child to Eden. Eden is long and lanky and Allis is short and stubby, but it is so very cute! I remember seeing pictures of her as a baby and she had roll after roll and saying I wanted a baby like that. Well.. Who knew but I have one now! :) Anyway, Allie is a very strong willed and stubborn child. She has most certainly has tested my patients over the years, like most children. Allie is a great little and big sister. She loves Eden and Edison and shows her love so cute. She isn't a lovey dovey person, but does it in her own way. We thought she might be jealous of her new brother but she has done better than Eden, lol! I have grown to love her and care for her as if she was my own flesh and blood. I wish we saw her more.. I think she thrives in our family environment and needs to be around that more often. As she grows and I get to "know" her more and more I see so much of Wayne in her and that makes me smile. Even though Wayne and Allie's mom aren't together, Wayne and I try to make her feel like she was and is wanted and that she is loved, often more than our own kids when she is here because we don't get to see her much. We just want her to feel her life is just as "normal" as everyone elses! I thank God for Allie being in my life. She, as a 5 year old, has taught me a lot about myself and a lot about life in general. She shows me that Love is a powerful thing. When you show it to someone and they love you back, its heart melting. I know Allie loves me and she knows that I love her. I can't wait to watch her grow up. Wayne and I often talk about out girls' weddings or future boyfriends and we cringe, but are so happy to be parents to them and welcome all of those fun girl things. Well, I know I do.. I have lived it and can't wait to do it all with them! :) I love you Allie Lou!

No comments:

Post a Comment