CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 29, 2011

Football Season, Here we come.. & Farmers Market

I am not sure if I mentioned this before but my husband lost his job due to cut-backs at Silsbee ISD. We knew it would be a long summer of him apply for jobs, going on interviews, and waiting for a call back. Well, the whole month of June went by with no leads and secretly I started to worry. That was my main deciding factor for me going back to work. I was worried he wouldn't find and job and we had to have an income of some sorts. But, July comes around and Waynes friend Clint calls him and tells him he is the new head coach for Kelly High School AND, they are hiring a Social Studies teacher with coaching. PERFECT, sign me up he said, lol! There was obviously steps to the hiring process that was long and drawn out, but we knew that Clint would be able to get Wayne on. Wayne will be coaching varsity football and baseball this season. I am so excited to go to his games and cheer them on. I love football and it bring back memories of being in high school on the Drill Team and spending my Friday nights at football games! YAY! This will be so wonderful for our family but also a big sacrifice for Wayne. He starts 2 a day practices this Monday with the kids!Being a teacher alone requires a lot of time away from your family, but when you add coaching it is a lot more. He will have is regular school day, practice, and then have a game Friday night, AND then have the kids come up Saturday morning and watch film from their game and prepare for next weeks game. It is a lot, but Wayne truely loves what he does and I support him in every way! Go Kelly Bulldogs! :)




And, I have been searching for a CSA(Community Supported Agriculture) pick up here in southeast Texas and there isn't one. If you don't know what that is, it is farms that grow fruits and veggies and package what they harvest and sell it to you weekly and you go pick it up. They usually have a variety of things and is well worth the money! So, the alternative, since we don't have that here,(closest is in Houston)is going to the Beaumont Farmers market on Saturday Morning. We have always wanted to go to this but never want to get up, but we really need to support our local farmers and fresh fruits and veggies are the best! We plan on going Saturday morning and I will blog and post pictures when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment