CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 4, 2011

My Adventure In Making Homemade Baby Food

I always said that when I had another baby that I was, for the most part, going to home make my babies baby food and was determined to stick to that! Well, I caved and I am going to do some store bought(organic) for when he goes to Mamaw's while I am working! Edison will be 4 months on the 8th and he is most definitely ready to start solids! I made him my first batch of baby food today with some veggies & fruits I had left from 4th of July cooking! I made blueberry banana, zucchini, and carrots with apples and sweet potatoes! I do plan on making some with some rice cereal in it too to make it thicker once is get's used to these foods.

For the most part it was surprisingly very easy! I had looked at lots and lots of recipe's online and finally realized that everyone makes theirs differently and I was just going to make mine the way I wanted and the consistency I felt was best for my baby! This is what I did:

First, I steamed my veggies! You can steam them however works best for you, I just did it in the microwave with water! I also didn't do anything (steam) to the fruit because they are already so soft. :) Second, After steaming the veggies I put them into the blender on the puree setting with 1/2 cup of water and pureed them! I let it go for about 30 seconds or until no chunks were visible! For the fruits I did the same thing! Third, After pureeing them I put them into small freezer containers so I can later thaw them and give them to Mr. Edison! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good work Momma! I did the same thing. Looks nummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did ice cube trays, then popped them out and put them in ziplocs.
    Good work! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete