CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good things come to those who wait...

As a continual way to help my family save money, I have been buying things second hand. I have been going to a lot of garage sales, re-sale shops, and buying only on clearance if at all possible. The saving is amazing! :) But, Edison is getting older and we are needing more and more to stimulate him and I had been looking for a Jumperoo forever! But, I didn't just want any one jumperoo... I wanted the Fisher-Price Rainforest one! I literally have been looking for a used one since he was about 3 weeks old! The reason for that specific one is that there is a orange monkey on the rainforest things that Edison loves! He stares, laugh's, smiles, and grabs at it so much. If he is upset and I show him that monkey, he will calm down and smile so big. So, subsequently I have been getting the rainforest things for him ever since! I was just having no luck at all with the jumperoo! The ones I found were nasty or missing things or people wanted WAY too much for them! So.. I began searching online to just buy a new one! After looking for almost 3 months I was ready to give up! I found them new online for about $80 because they do not sell them in stores anymore! I just couldn't see paying that much plus shipping for something he wont use too to much! So, I tried one more thing... I posted an add on southeasttexas.com(and facebook), in the baby item section, saying that I was looking for this specific item. After a few days I had someone text me saying they had one that was perfect condition and they would sell it for $30.00.. YAYYYY! SUCCESS! We went and picked it up yesterday from a sweet couple in Nederland and I brought it home and cleaned it! It really didn't need to be cleaned, it was in perfect condition, but I am weird like that! :) After cleaning it, we put him in it and he went straight for the monkey.. HA.. I knew it! :) He really loves it and it really keeps him occupied when I have something I need to do! Moral of my long story is that I wanted something really bad(and all you mother's know when you want something for your child, it is so hard to not just go buy it immediately) for Edison and wish a lot of patience and willing to compromise, I got what I wanted for him for WAY less money! Now.. the adorable pictures of him in his new toy:





2 comments:

  1. great work!
    my sis in law had ALL that rainforest stuff for her daughter, her little girl LOVED the swing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww he looks quite happy. We do the same thing, I buy at consignment events mostly and stash away stuff for birthdays and christmas. We recieved our jumperoo as a gift but it has been a lifesaver so many times. Not only does it keep him contained when I leave the room for a minute but he has jumped in it expell energy. I'm little sad that we are close to retiring it since he is 13 months this week.

    ReplyDelete