CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

Choices

We are all presented with choices in our lives everyday! Some simple like what to eat for lunch, and others harder like what car to buy. But, recently I was faced with a tough decision that not only would affect me, but my husband and children. For over a year now I have been cleaning homes as my job. I loved so much about it and hated so much about it at the same time. The things I loved were that I made my own schedule, I only worked about 4 hours a day, and I made pretty good income. Some things I really didn't like was that clients often canceled, always having to find new clients, and my income wasn't taxed.. I had to do that myself. I always knew that wouldn't be my forever job but it worked for the time being. Well.. after school got out this year I lost 5 clients due to the fact that they were teachers and didn't need me to clean while they were home in the summer. Wow.. that was half of my business and half of my income. This just wasn't going to work. I had to make a choice!

I started looking for jobs in the dental field and started applying for them when I saw one that I felt would fit with my family. After several interviews and having to turn down a job because the hours were crazy, I was about to give up. That month was hard for my family with the income decrease. There were several things we couldn't pay and we prayed so hard for a solution. One morning I checked southeasttexas.com like I did ever morning and there was a new dental job opening. I applied immediately. That same afternoon they called me back for an interview the next day. I was elated. I couldn't believe it. Maybe this was finally it for us. And then the thoughts and feeling started to take over. The rational side of my was like here is your solution to your money woes and financial difficulties.. but the emotional side of me was breaking. I would have to leave my baby. My home would suffer. I wouldn't be able to do things for my family that I was so used to doing. I was torn. That next day I went to the interview and honestly it felt like I was sitting down talking to my friends. Everyone was so awesome and Dr. Scott was the absolute nicest person. I was so happy, I think I found where I wanted to work. They told me due to vacations and what not they may not get back to me for a few weeks, but that they would definitely let me know! Bummer, that usually means no. But I had gotten such a good vibe from them! That afternoon I had a friend over and my phone rang. It was Dr. Scotts office. I GOT THE JOB! Wow.. tears came to my eyes and I was so relieved to be honest. Money had been so tight and now that was going to be ok again. But as I looked over at Edison, I just couldnt bare the thought of missing something. I had had to go through this with missing everything with Eden, I couldn't do this again to another child.

After hours of prayer and soul searching. I made a choice! I made the best choice for our family now. I made a choice that does have it's pro's and con's but it is the Best choice. I chose to take the job! My family needs me to help financially right now and I will do what I have to do. Yes, somethings in my home might get overlooked but I will doing what God lead me to do. Edison will still know his mommy loves him and know later that I did what I had to do to take care of him. Plus, his Mamaw loves to keep him and spoil him. Moral of my story is that a choice may be simple or hard, or good or bad, but whatever you choose is what is right for you and is what God planned for your life. I am so blessed! Thank you God for this opportunity. Two weeks into the job and I adore it and the people I work with. I am so happy and love my choice!
Alana <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm So happy You're happy!
    I truly believe in the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the picture of your family at the top! Thanks including me in your blogroll. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete