CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Loss

I do not deal well with loss. I don't like to think about it and when the situation arises I find myself turning into a different person. I turn into someone who is super sensitive, very productive, and overly sympathetic. Which is my state today!

My Aunt was diagnosed with cancer all over her little body just over a month and a half ago, and today, as I type... She is loosing her battle with that cancer. She isn't expected to live more than 24 more hours. I went and saw her last night and we knew that it wouldn't be long. She is hurting all over and it makes me, more than ever, wish I could so something to help find a cure for cancer. Cancer is something that is affecting my family so, so often and is slowly taking members of my family away. This all was so fast for my Aunt.. It feels as though she just found out. I find myself not being able to go to the hospital right now for two reasons. One, no baby sitter, and two I cant stop looking at her son(my cousin) and putting myself in his position and thinking about my children seeing me this way before I pass. It just crumbles me to think about that. I can't even imagine what he is thinking or feeling. And then I think.. what am I going to do when I lose a parent? This is all a bit overwhelming to me and when I am overwhelmed, I write.

Here is a picture of her at my bridal shower! :) She's the one standing!



I love my Aunt and her memory will forever be etched in my heart for so many reasons. I thank God for her and all she has done for me thruought my life. I hope she goes knowing she was very loved and will be so so so very missed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear, how rough! These sudden cancers always make me just shake my head. I cannot even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana, I am sooo sorry! Jeremys aunt found out Jan1st she had Cancer & by Feb.6th she had passed away! It just doesn't seem right..When u find out the first thing that runs through your mind is, "they can get treatment."It never occured to me that she wouldn't even live long enough to get the treatments! Death has been very prevalent in my life. I have lost aunts, uncles my father & my brother..I know your pain! Memories are all that keep me going sometimes...if you need me for anything at all: babysitter, food delivery, or just a shoulder to cry on, I am here. ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete