CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Eden's 1st Grade Year


This school year started out with lots of exciting things for Eden(and us too)! First, she got to move into her new house and new room! She did so great decorating and keeping her room clean. And to this day she still takes pride in making her bed and trying to keep her room clean! That's so great to me! Next, she got put into GT classes. I cried when I learned of this news! Every parent knows their children are smart and do the best they can in school, but for someone else to tell you that.. it just makes you so proud. I was nervous about this too because I was in GT in school and I remembered how hard it was and how much parent involvement that it required. But, I was up for it! I wanted to give Eden the best chance she could to succeed educationally! Also, Eden was going to be a big sister! We found out what we were having around 16 weeks and Eden got to be there. Just Wayne, Eden, and I went into the room first and let the ultrasound tech find the private area. Once she found it, We told Eden to go get our family and tell them to come in. Once they all came in, Eden got to be the one who shared the new! "It's a BOY!" We were overcome with emotion and so was she. She wanted a brother so bad. That memory will forever be so special to Wayne and I. She was so proud to get to announce that! :)

Education wise Eden did amazing this year. She read every night and studied daily for test. She made ALL A's all year except for once! But regardless, Wayne and I were so proud of her for that! She truely takes pride in doing good. She really beats herself up when she makes a bad grade! I know she gets that from me, but I always try to tell her that as long as she does her absolute best, Daddy and I will be proud of you. Her teacher and classmates this year were so great! She made some wonderful friends that I hope she gets to stay in class with through school. Also, Mrs. Godeaux was great. Eden loves her and she has been amazing with Eden. Eden wears glasses and so does Mrs. Godeaux. Eden has struggled with keeping up with them and keeping them safe from damage and Mrs. Godeaux had really aided her with that and I can't thank her enough!

Last, Eden's Brother was born 3/8/11! That day was hard for her in so many ways. She had to see mommy go through so much that she didn't understand. She was so compassionate to me through the day though. She would come hold my hand or kiss my cheek through contractions. I often worried about her seeing me in such agony but she handled it great and we had had many many conversations about what would go on the day Edison was born. When the time came for him to come into the world, Eden couldn't be in there, but she waited patiently with my Mom and sister! I only wish I could have been there to see her sweet face the 1st time she saw him. But what I did get to see after recovery, she was amazed! Something so small that came out of mommy that looked like me! :) Shes almost 8, so she understands a lot and is quite scary how she thinks about things and puts them together, but I believe she truely couldn't explain how she felt when she got to hold her brother the first time. She was so happy!

I thank God each day for forever changing my life when he gave Eden to Wayne and I on 9/19/03. She is a remarkable child with so many talents that will take her so far in life. You know, You often do not have your dreams come true, But with her, mine have! She is everything and more that I could ask for in a daughter and I am so proud to be her mommy, forever! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment