CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Just Thinking....

Well, as it is for most people, times are hard as far as money goes. Wayne is in the process of finding a new teaching job and that really scares me. We are used to his salary now and know that a lot of schools just dont pay the same as Vidor. We are hoping he will find something that pays the same or more but we just dont know. If my prayers are answered and it's God's will for him to work somewhere that his pay would increase that would be amazing, but if it isnt and God has another path for us, I am going to have to seriously think of ways to save us money. We are about to have a mortgage for the first time and all the expences that come along with owning a home and I just want to live comfortably! I have thought of so many things such as coupons, sales, buying in bulk, making my own laundry detergent, a garden, limiting our eating out to a couple of times a month, and lots more. I really want to try to do this not only to save money, but to feel like I get the most out of Wayne's salary. I do work. I clean houses part-time and that does provide a pretty good income for us, but I do not want to rely on that. But, I am really going to leave all of this up to God and know that he will guide me to making great choices for our family! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! finding a new job is stressful.
    I bet BMT would pay more depending on his teaching field.
    Here is the detergent site I use (it's my cousin's site)
    http://learninglivinggiving.blogspot.com/2009/09/homemade-laundry-detergent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is stressful!!! But, thank you for that, I cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I just saw you have a blog. We have started a few things to save us money since we have a mortgage now too. We get a certain amount of cash when Doug gets paid and that is all we spend a month on eating out. Once the cash is gone there is no more eating out. We also look on places like craigslist or in Kingwood we have kingwoodyardsales.com for furniture for our house. You would be surprised what people are getting rid of and how cheap it is!

    ReplyDelete