CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Power of Breakfast



I am a firm believer that eating a healthy breakfast can shape your day. I try each morning to get Eden to eat something healthy and filling.. Such as: whole wheat waffles with honey, any kind of oatmeal, grits, cereal, toast with nutella and peanut butter, yogurt and fruit, or even biscuits with turkey sausage. It really is important to me that she gets to school full and can focus on learning and not about her tummy growling.

I myself need to work on eating breakfast more often. I often find myself eating some yogurt and a peach, or granola bar and a banana. And, more often that not.. just coffee! I can really tell the difference in my work performance when I actually eat something and am not constantly looking at the clock waiting for lunch time or searching for a snack.

Also, Saturday mornings are always hard for us. Wayne always gets home late from a game and we all just want to sleep late but, that usually never ever happens. And once we are all up, we are grouches. But, all I have to do is open the turkey bacon and put it in the pan and my children's and husbands mood totally changes. Bacon is magic, lol! I usually make eggs or my husband will make is AMAZING french toast to go with our magic bacon. Having this wonderfully yummy start to our day really does get us going. Even though on Saturdays we are always just a little slower at doing things, we always have such a better day when we have some yummy in our tummy to start. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment