CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Last Week of April.. WOW

I really can't believe that when I was pregnant for 9 months it went by so so slow.. but.. now that Edison Jack is here.. TIME IS FLYING BY! He is already 7 weeks old TODAY! AHH! I am really trying to cherish these days right now. He is growing so very fast and it really does makes me cry! To think that I wont be having any more babies and get to experience this ever again. Just heartbreaking! A part of me says, why not have anymore kids? And the practical side of me says NOOOO! The thought of sending 2 kids to college, getting them cars, and providing for them for roughly 18 years +.. well that is rather scary now! So adding to that would only further add to my fears, but God only gives us what he knows we can handle and that thought makes me think!

Edison is doing great. He is so interactive at this point. Wayne or I can talk to him and he smiles and coo's! He is also finding his hands and able to stare at toys and try to grab them. Amazing! I love seeing him do this because he gets to focused that he gets cross eyed.. poor guy.. but very funny! He also is having formula and breast feeding. I just couldn't make enough milk despite my ongoing efforts! But.. he has about half and half each day and I am ok with that. I initially wanted to only breast feed, but it just didn't work out that way and instead of beating myself up for it.. I am focusing on how healthy and happy my son is! He was 8 lbs 9oz when he was born.. He is now 12lbs roughly! WOW! Can we say chunk? He is eating about 4 to 5 oz every 3 to 4 hours.. sometimes every 2 hours. And that tends to happen when it gets close to bed time. I think he is stocking up! LOL! Also.. he is sleeping so well at night. He goes to bed about 10.. wakes up around 3 to eat.. and then gets up with us about 6:30! I couldn't be happier about his sleeping habits at almost 2 months! :)

My c-section recovery is going well.. still hurting a lot when I do too much and am starting to cramp more! But other than that.. recovery has been awesome! You know, this is my 2nd child with my husband and never ever thought I could love him more than I did the day before.. but I do. I love him for how he is with his daughter, and love him more and more seeing him with his son! There is just something magical about a man and his son and that bond! :) I love you Wayne Hanks! <3

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for y'all! We are done as well with having children so I can relate to the feelings you are having. It is exciting to me though to be done with the having and focus on the raising time in my life. You are doing great! How is the job hunt for your husband going?

    ReplyDelete